The Organization of Triangles, Inc. holds a biennial Convention meeting every two years, where members of all Triangles around New York State gather together for sisterhood, friendly competitions, and lots of fun. Throughout the weekend, members participate in a talent show and various contests. These activities allow girls to share and bond over their artistic, writing, and memorization abilities. The members look forward to this weekend because they are able to see old friends and make new ones!
The 2019 Triangle Convention will be held October 11-14 at the Red Lion Hotel in Albany, New York. This year the theme for our convention is “Triangle is Out of This World!”. Each Triangle is assigned a constellation that they will be showcasing throughout the weekend. The Junior Advisors have been hard at work planning this weekend and can’t wait to share it with you!
Here is the official schedule for the weekend:
More detailed information will be given upon arrival, but for a general guide to Triangle Convention dress code:
- Beloved Queens & Members: floor-length white gown, appropriate undergarments, white shoes and sash.
- Past Beloved Queens: floor-length colored gowns, appropriate undergarments, matching dress shoes and sash or tiara (may be either an officer’s or PBQ sash).
- Female Adults: Dress or skirt and blouse and dress shoes.
- Visiting DeMolay and Male Adults: Dress/khaki pants, shirt, tie and dress shoes. Jacket is optional.
- Triangle Members and Female Adults: Dress or skirt and blouse and dress shoes. Pants/jeans may be worn for Saturday dinner and lunch ONLY.
- Visiting DeMolay and Male Adults: Dress/khaki pants, shirt, tie and dress shoes. Jacket is optional. Jeans may be worn for Saturday dinner and lunch ONLY.
- If you would like to wear formal dress to meals rather than changing for sessions that is acceptable.
- Appropriate length for dresses and skirts is no more than two (2) inches above the knee.
- All attendees are expected to wear Triangle appropriate clothing at all times. Jeans, pants, shorts, t-shirts, tank tops and sweats are acceptable, however tight or revealing clothing, clothing with rips, tears, or holes, and clothing with controversial or suggestive printing will not be allowed.
- Bathing suits must be in good taste and fit properly. Cover-ups and appropriate shoes must be worn when traveling to and from the pool area.
Banquet & Dance:
- Triangle Members: Floor-length white or colored gowns, appropriate undergarments and matching dress shoes.
- Female Adults: Dress or skirt and blouse and dress shoes. Gowns are optional, but acceptable.
- Visiting DeMolay and Male Adults: Dress pants, shirt, tie and jacket and dress shoes. Tuxedos are optional, but acceptable.
For more information or questions, you can contact Mr. Roché at TriangleConvention@gmail.com